11 Mar 2014 − Recycled corrugated case material prices in Germany are showing a downward trend in March after being stable for some months. The extent of the price drop remains to be seen.
- New contracts for magazine paper in Germany finalised − 20 Feb 2014
- Virgin fibre containerboard with signs of weakness in Germany − 04 Feb 2014
- Higher prices on Germany's label paper market in January − 28 Jan 2014
11 Mar 2014 − The former Vertaris recycled pulp mill in France is set to resume operation. Delion France, a Springwater Capital subsidiary, has taken over the site and wants to produce deinked market pulp as from October this year.
- Plans afoot to restart Vertaris mill − 13 Nov 2013
- Employee takeover of Docelles mill fails − 07 Mar 2014
- Autajon takes over folding cartons producer Fincarta − 14 Feb 2014
07 Mar 2014 − The employees of UPM's French Docelles fine paper mill will not take over the site. The company said the two parties could not agree on the transaction price.
05 Mar 2014 − Many prices are tending lower on the titanium dioxide market in Western Europe. TiO2 suppliers report good orders from the varnish and paint producers and stable demand from the decor paper industry.
04 Mar 2014 − While negotiations on the newsprint market continued to drag on in Italy, prices for magazine paper have been settled in February. Market players report a drop in LWC prices amid weak demand and excess supply.
03 Mar 2014 − Prinzhorn Holding of Austria is to acquire Papierfabrik Fritz Peters in Germany and its recycled corrugated case material plant in Gelsenkirchen for an undisclosed sum.
28 Feb 2014 − UPM invests €160m in Kymi pulp mill to strengthen its position in the growing end use segments of the global pulp market.
26 Feb 2014 − Commission says the companies provided misleading market information in their merger case
- Suominen acquires Ahlstrom’s Paulínia nonwovens plant − 10 Jan 2014
- Ahlstrom splits up Food and Medical Business − 13 Dec 2013
- Ahlstrom/Munksjö transaction takes next steps − 27 May 2013
French brown recycled containerboard prices unchanged, downward pressure threatens to emerge in March
25 Feb 2014 − Paper manufacturers report customers calling for reductions on recycled containerboard prices to ease input cost pressure.
25 Feb 2014 − Union members in the corrugated packaging sector in the UK are voting on possible industrial action in a dispute over pay.
- Mark-ups not for all customers on the UK GC board market − 18 Feb 2014
- Moderate price increases for newsprint emerge in the UK − 23 Jan 2014
- Prices for SC paper in the UK set to increase − 10 Dec 2013